Thursday 10 April 2014

Spring! (Co-Lab Thursday)


I really don't enjoy winter, so when spring comes around I tend to start getting excited for warmer weather, flowery scents in the air, wearing fewer layers and little groups of adorable goslings waddling about - if you live in York you'll know what I mean! (See above). I absolutely love the sunshine, however whenever the weather severely changes I always feel like my wardrobe needs a bit of an update - does anyone else do the same? So to celebrate spring arriving I did a bit of shopping (oops). A little retail therapy never did anyone any harm, right? Here's what I bought...


Sunglasses: H&M. 
The sunglasses were something I had been after for a while - I had bought the previous pair while on holiday last year, they were white with a beautiful floral pattern and only cost me 10 euros in a mall in Tarragona. These broke while in my bag back in the summer so I wanted a new pair which looked as cute as I thought those did! This pink pair fit the bill I reckon, plus they were so cheap!


Dress: Outfit.
As you are probably aware pastel colours are very on-trend at the moment, and luckily for me, I adore pastels. I love that this dress has a cute white collar and combines my love of blues and pinks together into a cute summery checkered pattern. It's absolutely perfect for spring and summer and I can't wait for the weather to get warmer and brighter so that I can finally wear this. I'll probably dress it with a white or black cardigan and my cream/off-white pumps, it will go great with the sunglasses too!


Rimmel Colour Rush Lip Balm: Superdrug
I love Rimmel Colour Rush, and although I already had two of these ('Fire Red' & 'Keep on Mauving') I couldn't resist getting a third when the Rita Ora range came out. They are extremely pigmented, and the colour lasts a long time. I'd actually describe it more as a super moisturising lipstick than a lip balm. Plus they smell lovely, like vanilla. Can't go wrong with vanilla! Mmm.




Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette: Boots/Superdrug
This is something I had been after for a while, so I'm really happy to have finally bought it! I needed a better powder for contouring, the shimmery highlighter is a bonus and the blush in a rose gold colour is beautiful. I will be doing a full review on this in a separate post later this month so stay tuned for that if you want to find out what I thought and how the colours look. 
Hair Accessories: H&M, River Island
I have developed somewhat of an obsession with bow accessories. It came to my attention recently, while deciding what I would do with my hair that day, that I had been neglecting the hair accessory department a little. So when I spotted these (two hair-ties, two clips) in H&M I picked them up straight away. The hairbands turn a boring ponytail into a cute, girly, up-do and the clips to add a nice swept-aside touch to my hair when I wear it down (usually looks best when I have it slightly curled). The giant scrunchie meanwhile was something I found in the sale at RI and picked up on impulse! I still haven't found the best way of wearing it yet, (I'm no Cressida Bonas) so any tips or ideas would be much appreciated!


I hope you enjoyed seeing what I bought for spring. I don't know about you but I can't wait for the weather to warm up so that we can bring out our summery outfits! What have you been loving or keeping your eye on this month? :)

This post is part of The Bloggers Collaboration's Co-Lab Thursday! Check out other posts here:

8 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with shopping! :pThose hair accessories are so cute, and i adore that dress! I never know how to dress for Spring really...the uk weather is too uncertain:/ I love the picture at the top as well, they're so fluffy and cute!! Thank you for following my blog btw! I really really appreciate it :) x
    | Life as a Petite |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree, I hate when it's too warm to wear a coat but yet not warm enough to only wear a cardigan! Also you're welcome your blog is so cute :)
      Lil x
      Ps. How did you add your link to the Co-lab Thursday thing? I'm super confused on how to do it!

      Delete
    2. I had to tweet Laura as I wasn't sure it why it was showing up, but she's fixed it:) and it looks like you got it sorted too :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi Lily!

    I've just read your lovely comment about your nomination and I'm extremely grateful, thank you! I was travelling when you posted so I'm sorry for the late reply but your blog is beautiful! & those bows are gorgeous. I've always been a big fan of sleek too, I abuse that contouring kit it's brilliant!

    Now following :)
    elisse x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      You're very welcome, I love your blog :) don't worry, did you have a good time?
      Haha it's lovely isn't it? I'm surprised I didn't buy it sooner!
      Thanks :D
      Lil x

      Delete
  3. Droppin by as part of colab - love your ducklings how adorable! & the bows! Oh I need some bows! See u next wk!
    Bee Happy and Healthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Rimmel lip balms, they're such good colours and go on so nicely. I love the scent/taste as well.
    love those sunnies as well, really need to get myself a new pair for this summer :)

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete