Wednesday 23 April 2014

Cheerleading!


Over the weekend I was away in Telford taking part in the BCA University Nationals and National Championships with my university squad. With great excitement I took up cheerleading in my first year of university and became part of the Level 2 squad. This year (my third and final year) was the first time we were able to take part in the competitions along with our Level 3 squad (who had been the previous years) and it was absolutely incredible!

Although we didn't place I think I speak for everyone when I say we had the most fun we'd had in ages and loved every second. The rest of our team sat at the front of the mat and screamed like crazy for us the whole way through. We weren't marked on 'spirit' but we had the best, most excited cheer faces going. Performing the routine we'd worked so hard on over the past year was amazing. Our performance at the University Nationals was good but at the National Championships the next day we did so much better and all left the mat feeling a huge sense of achievement. It's a feeling none of us will be forgetting for a while (that is, until we compete again in May!)

Here's a picture from the competition:
(I'm the one not cartwheeling!)

I've had a few mixed responses from people when I tell them I do cheerleading, but when it has given me some of the best friends I've made at university, and some of the most incredible and enjoyable experiences of my life, I honestly couldn't care less about the stereotypes!

I love hearing about the hobbies other people do so comment below about the hobby you enjoy the most!

7 comments:

  1. I think cheerleading is great, it's really hard work! I do ballet so I think at times the two can be similar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I always think ballet looks so beautiful, if only I had as much grace!
      Lovely blog by the way :)
      Lil x

      Delete
  2. It must be fun!
    I always want to do a cheerleading,
    but i ended up doing other things

    Great blog Lily, i'm following you :)

    xx
    Amira
    www.amirahayupratiwi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!
      What other things do you do? :) Hobbies can be so time-consuming!
      Thanks,
      Lil x

      Delete
  3. I really really want to try Cheerleading, it looks like so so so much fun! I think such things are also a fantastic experience, and you look liked you had the fab time that you said you did! :) Btw I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award :) You can find more details here: lifeasapetite.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award-revision.html :) Let me know if you do it as i'd love to read about it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sorry for the late reply!
    That's awesome thank you so much :) I actually did this blogger award here if you want to check it out, but I really appreciate you nominating me :D and I enjoyed reading your post x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog hun! Would be amazing if you could check out my blog - www.laurenswardrobe.com :) Just followed you on Bloglovin x

    ReplyDelete