Tuesday 15 April 2014

Sleek!

I mentioned having bought this in a previous post so here is the full review! This is something I had been after for a while. I wanted an affordable contour kit which wasn't too pricey, worked with my skin tone and had a bronzer that wasn't too orangey or shimmery.


I'm always trotting over to the Sleek section in Superdrug to eye up their gorgeous eye shadow palettes, I really love the design of the Sleek palettes but I don't wear eye shadow often enough to justify spending money on one, so I found myself trying to find excuses to buy them, for example my friend's birthday. Then I noticed the little blush, bronzer and highlighter kits they had. I went away and ended up reading many reviews which had recently sprung up on my Bloglovin' dashboard, featuring the Sleek Face Form palettes, so I went and bought one didn't I?

I picked up the Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in the colour Fair (looks like Neapolitan ice cream doesn't it?!) and in order of appearance, here's how each of the trio work :

Pressed Powder:
To contour I prefer to use a powder/bronzer that does not have an orange tint or shimmer (so that I can use it to create a shadow effect under my jawline and in the hollows of my cheeks) so this works nicely. It's quite pigmented so I have to make sure I blend it in well to avoid streaks.

Highlighter: 
The highlighter is great for a fair skin tone like my own, however it is also shimmery so if you prefer more of a matte look like I do then this one is not so much the one for you. I do love the way it looks when used on the tops of your cheekbones though!

Blush: 
When you look at the photograph below you'll see the blush is a strong pink colour (very on trend right now) but you'll also notice that it has hints of gold shimmer flecked through it, which I think looks so so pretty. On my skin it is quite a bright colour so I thought I would have to mix it with one of my other blushes, however I have found that when used on its own and blended slightly with the highlighter it actually looks gorgeous and definitely creates that cute 'pop' of pink that everyone is talking about for spring!



(This photograph was taken in pure daylight and should show you the true colour of each section in the palette).

12 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award :-) xx

    http://so-phiaaa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello hun:)
    This post is really nice,love it:)))
    Maybe we could follow each other ? Let me know on my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the detailed review hun, I've been in 2 minds about purchasing it as I'm a newbie to contouring, but I may have to give this a go :) x

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Hope it works for you and that you love it as much as I do :)
      Lil x

      Delete
  4. So beautiful colors. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty isn't it?
      Thanks for reading :)
      Lil x

      Delete
  5. Very lovely and detailed post :)
    Let me know on my blog if you would like to follow each other.
    Have a nice day ahead! x

    http://zhixingeralyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,

    This post is great and I really like your blog :)

    Would you like to follow eachother on GFC and Google+?

    Please let me know on my blog, I will follow straight back!

    beautysaveuk ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we had a sleek section in our drugstores in Canada :c might need to order online, everything I see people buy is so nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleek is lovely, and I'm sure you can order online :) Check out their Facebook page because I think they sometimes show offers on there!
      Lil x

      Delete
  8. I've been looking for a cheap contouring kit for ages, and this one sounds great! x

    http://myfashionkicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete