Friday 12 September 2014

Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream


Before I tell you about this moisturiser, know that I have areas of really dry skin - like so dry it cracks. This is mostly down to my eczema, and some areas of my face (like my chin) do stay oily and are prone to the odd spot, however my eczema really bothers me, especially in winter as it worsens, so I'm always on the lookout for new hydrating products (as you may be aware if you read some of my previous skin care posts). 

I came across this moisturising cream by chance, after being approached by a Benefit sales assistant who wanted to show me their new eyeliner (it really doesn't budge once you've put it on, which many people love about it but I hate). She then started encouraging me to try lots of the other Benefit products, at which point I panicked slightly - I'm not made of money! These included the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation (love) and the Total Moisture Facial Cream. 


When the sales assistant began applying the moisturiser the first thing I noticed about it was how refreshing it felt on my skin, then there was the smell. Something smelt lovely, fresh and fruity in a such a soft, subtle way. I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out if what I could smell was the facial cream or a perfume the lady was wearing on her wrists! I didn't know what it was but I loved it, and was about to ask her what perfume she was wearing when she mentioned that the ingredients included mango seed butter. Mmm mango.


Not only does the cream feel great and smell fabulous (I've never had a moisturiser that smells so fresh!) it works amazingly too. Most moisturisers keep my skin hydrated for the good part of an hour, then my skin goes dry and flaky. This one however lasts a lot longer. Due to the consistency of the cream I usually apply it to my face then leave it for about 10 minutes to let it sink in properly before putting on my make-up - otherwise it sits on the surface of my skin and leaves my foundation looking shiny and feeling moist, which isn't fun.

As with all Benefit products, this cream aint cheap. Despite this you do get a lot of cream in this one little jar (and how gorgeous is the jar may I just add?) and it works wonders so you are definitely getting what you pay for. I highly recommend this cream to anyone with problematic dry skin, if you want to try it head over to the Benefit counter and ask; they are usually happy to let you try the products there and then, and will sometimes give you a free sample too. 

I don't usually like to pay a lot for skincare, however I think it's worth investing in a product if it does you good. I couldn't quite justify purchasing the foundation to go with it however! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikita! Thank you :) So sorry for the late reply! I will head over to check yours out now :)
      Lil x

      Delete